College library is running since the establishment of S. S. Girls’ College in the year 1970. The college has well established Library which caters the need of the Undergraduate and Post Graduate students, research scholars and the faculty.
The library functions on an open access system for the post Graduate Students, faculty members and the research scholars but the UG students have only a limited open access. The library has rich collection on Art and humanities, Home Science, science and Technology, Social Science, Management, Education, Physical education and Home science. It covers Books, Reference Books, E-books, Journals, E- Journals, Theses, and Dissertation, Online Databases, and Reports, back volumes of Journals, Proceedings of Seminar, and conferences.
The college library has collection 32,582 books and 15 journals (national and international), 1927 journal back volumes are available in library, 19 magazines, 13 Newspapers in Hindi, Marathi and English Languages. E-books and E-journals collections facility provided by INFLIBNET programme N-LIST (National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly content.(https://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in/)
The Library reading Facilities are open for every day from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on all working days excluding National Holidays and Sundays. During vacations the library remain open at 10.30 a.m.to 5.30 p.m.
The library is administered by college librarian Dr. Rajashree D. Wagh and three (3) library attendant .The library advisory committee is there for policy making, with the Honorable principal as its’ chair person and Librarian as its’ Secretary.
Library Advisory Committee
The Library Committee plays a vital role in enhancing and developing the library services, making suitable policies that will help the library to render its best. The committee holds Two meetings every year. If required more meetings are also held.
Generally the first meeting is held in the month of August, in which Library Budget, allotment of funds to all the departments, previous year’s stock taking report and other issues related to library and its services are taken up with the permission of the chairperson of the library committee for discussion.
Library committee constituted with chairperson, Secretary, Members from teaching faculty and students Representative.
Aims and objectives:
- To consider and put forward the views of faculty members regarding books/journals selection, ordering process etc.
- To consider and put forward the views of students and Research Scholars regarding their problems and solutions sought thereof.
- To strengthen the efforts of the librarian in planning library activities and
- To take the feedback from the departments and plan for improvement and Enrichment of the library.
- To act as liaison between the library and the readers
- To give development proposals for the library
- To take policy decision
- To provide directions for structural and balance growth of the library.
- T ensure updating of the library
- To suggest improved facilities and innovative services
- To utilize allocated funds for library developments
- To introduce development programme as per requirement of the users.
Library Advisory Committee – Year 2022-23
|1||Dr. N.K Bahekar, Principal||Chairperson|
|2||Dr. Rajashree D Wagh, Librarian||Secretary|
|3||Dr. Rekha Lilhare, HOD FRM||Member|
Dr. Lakhan Gaidhane, Assit. Prof. English Dept.
|5||Dr. J. D. Punde, NAAC Co-ordinator||Member|
|6||Mr. Dinesh Mouje||Member (Non-Teaching Staff)|
College Library is well furnished and well equipped with renowned collection on various subjects. Collections development policies are made up by Library advisory committee, librarian and library staff by buying or otherwise acquiring materials over a period, based on assessment of the information needs of the library’s users.
|Journal’s Back Volumes||1927|
- Every Student entering the Library Premises should have a valid college identity card. It should be produced as and when demanded.
- Identity card and Reader’s Ticket are non-transferable.
- Students must handle books, periodicals, Newspapers etc. with great care, any attempt to damage books or Periodicals, by defacing or tearing the pages will treated as serious misconduct and strictly dealt with.
- The Computer Terminal provided for students to search and requisition of books shall be used with utmost care.
- If the Original identity card or Reader’s Ticket is lost a duplicate will be issued from administrative block.
- A complete silence and strict discipline should be maintained in the library and Reading room.
- If any reference book is required, student should approach the librarian.
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library
(For students – Daily attendance register and For Teaching staff, Non-teaching staff, Visitors – Visitors register)
- Library has launched the library mobile app – M-OPAC (Mobile online Public access Catalogue it is essential for all library borrowers to check In by scanning the Library QR code to mark our digital attendance in library.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises
LATE FEE (Over Due) –
- In case of late return of books students will have to pay fine at the rate of Rs.1/- per day on each book
- Books will be issued to the students for 07 days only. In the first page slip is pasted and stamped mentioning the due date and the fine will be charged @ Re.1 per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to library.
- While charging the fine holidays will be counted.
- Re-issue of the books will depend upon the demand for the same.
- No late fee will be charged to teacher, staff in the college.
- All cases of disregard of these rules will be reported to the principal for appropriate action.
Note: (These rules however, shall not apply to books issued to the authorities, officers of the college for official purpose.)
Damage & Book Loss
- If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the librarian.
- Reader shall not write upon, damage, tear off the leaves or make any mark either in pencil or ink upon any book.
- Books will be issued on presentation of the college I card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- It shall be the duty of the Library Attendant on duty at the counter to examine each book returned by a member and to check if it is damage.
- A) Category
The following persons shall be entitled to borrow
1) Members of the Gondia Education Society.
2) Officers, Members from college authorities
3) Teaching Staff of Degree College and Junior college, Guests lecturers.
4) Teachers, Librarians of the colleges which come under the GES.
5) Supporting Staff and Non- Teaching staff of the college
6) Students, Post Graduate students, studying in college in various departments.
- B) Terms & Conditions
(i) The duration of membership shall be for one year and shall have to be renewed every year.
(ii) Any change of address should be notified to the librarian during the membership.
iii) Casual Membership Facility is also available in Library
- Computerized Circulation Section: Amodern library cannot be imagined without the application of computers. In the library and information centers computers can be used for performing efficiently all sorts of jobs from the procurement of the reading materials to their organization and use. So, it can serve as a remedy for all the existing problems of libraries and information centers. But, till now computers have been used successfully in the following areas of library activities. (https://libcloud.mastersofterp.in/)
- Library House Keeping Operation: In case of library housekeeping operation, the computer is used for acquisition of books and other reading materials, their classification, cataloguing, circulation and serial control.
The Circulation Section is the backbone of the Library. Library is fully automated by LIBMAN – cloud based Software by Master soft ERP solutions, Nagpur. Circulation Section has introduced computerized system for proper record keeping. The entire library Operations is computerized: Accessioning & Invoicing, Circulation, Serial Control, MIS Reports, Reports, Newspaper, Library Analytics and OPAC search.
Computerized Issue –return facility is available for books, Magazines and journals for students, teaching faculty, non -Teaching staff etc. The circulation section consists of two computers with scanners for issue, return and renewal of books. All the library transactions are computerized; enquiries regarding availability of books are made in the circulation.
2) Reference Services:
The term reference service, in general may be defined as an active personal service, providing active assistance and instructions to users for promoting the use of library resources answering user’s request for new information, compiling catalogue, and bibliographies etc. on topic of research. Library users can consult with librarian in finding information.
3) News Paper Clipping Service:
In college library news paper clipping services is provides for the all in college. This service is limited to college only. Because for this the manual news paper clipping album is maintained by college library. In which all the news which published in various local, state level newspapers are pasted on news album. These all news is preserved in the digital form for the future need. These all news clipping are provided to required person as per their need.
This news clipping services provided news as per the annual academic calendar programme, events organized by college and various departments, cultural activities (state, national level), sports, seminars, conferences, events organized by library etc…
Newspaper cuttings of academic related matters, job opportunities and job advertisements are collected periodically and displayed in the Display notice board. News for upcoming seminars, conferences is also display.
4) Reprographic service:
The College Library has one Reprographic unit. Library provides this facility to all staff & students in the college. Students should pay 1 Rs. for one copy. All teaching staff also needs to pay 1 RS. per copy for their personal work. Reprographic work is related to college and department they need to come with note written by principal. Reprographic unit is handled by trained supporting staff of library.
5) OPEN ACCESS System:
The college library has open access for the teaching staff, Non-teaching staff, Post Graduate Students and supporting staff. But for all undergraduate students library is following close access system for the security purpose. Postgraduate students taking the benefits of open access system, they can enter in the stack room and search reading materials which they required. Students should give their ID card to library staff while entering the library stack room.
6) OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue):
OPAC is also available on Desktop also and M-OPAC is the online public access catalogue which is accessible through mobile. The mobile optimized online public access catalogue, should provide simple search facility against, author, title of books, subjects and the search result should be containing information about the holding of library and availability of the same in concise manner. Through the mobile apps borrowers are able to access networked information that linked by the app.
1) M-OPAC for Users: by this user can access library from anywhere with their smart phones after the login in M-OPAC. Now the “Library Visitor’s Management” feature user needs to scan library QR code which is available in entrance of library as Digital entrance in Library.
2) M-OPAC for Library staff: This is for Library Administration, for Library staff. Library staff can use this to do all functioning on smart phone. For the digital collection we have of N-LIST Subscription. S. S. Girls’ College library is computerized with LIB-MAN software since
2008 and from 2019 it turn on cloud based library management system. In the year 2020. The LIB- MAN added new feature in its software it is M-OPAC (Mobile online public access catalogue)
All the library transactions are computerized and On-Line Public Access Catalogue has been introduced. Users can search the books details via author wise search, title wise search, subject wise search, and how many copies are available in a particular title and who has taken the books and when it will be returned.
OPAC this service is provided to all teaching staff and students to know better about the library collection. This service is provided through the library software LIBMAN (Library Management software) developed by Master Software, Nagpur.
To avail this facility, five computer systems are kept in reading room for students and staff members, each computer having the OPAC. In future S.S. Girls’ College Library will provide WEB – OPAC for their students by which they can access library collection from where they want.
7) Internet surfing:
College library is providing “Internet surfing” facility to Teaching staff and students free of cost for their educational point of view. For Internet Surfing Five systems are kept in reading room with broadband connectivity. To avail this facility student’s needed to keep their ID card at reception counter of library reading room and they should sign in Daily Attendance Register
All teaching Staff (Degree and Junior) needs to sign in Visitor’s Register before using the Internet facility. E-Mail & Internet services shall be provided for academic purposes only.
8) E – journals & E- books:
College Library is subscribed e-resources every year by becomes member of INFLIBNET –N-LIST program. N-LIST provides access to 6000+ e-journals and more than 6000+ e-books. Library registered users can avail this facility remotely.