I) General Rules:
- Every Student entering the Library Premises should have a valid college identity card. It should be produced as and when demanded.
- Identity card and Reader’s Ticket are non-transferable.
- Students must handle books, periodicals, Newspapers etc. with great care, any attempt to damage books or Periodicals, by defacing or tearing the pages will treated as serious misconduct and strictly dealt with.
- The Computer Terminal provided for students to search and requisition of books shall be used with utmost care.
- If the Original identity card or Reader’s Ticket is lost a duplicate will be issued from administrative block.
- A complete silence and strict discipline should be maintained in the library and Reading room.
- If any reference book is required, student should approach the librarian.
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library
(For students – Daily attendance register and For Teaching staff, Non-teaching staff, Visitors – Visitors register)
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises
II) LATE FEE (Over Due) :
- In case of late return of books students will have to pay fine at the rate of Rs.1/- per day on each book
- Books will be issued to the students for 15 days only. In the first page slip is pasted and stamped mentioning the due date and the fine will be charged @ Re.1 per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to library.
- While charging the fine holidays will be counted.
- Re-issue of the books will depend upon the demand for the same.
- No late fee will be charged to teacher ,staff in the college.
- All cases of disregard of these rules will be reported to the principal for appropriate action.
These rules however, shall not apply to books issued to the authorities, officers of the college for official purpose.
III) Damage & Book Loss
- If the books are lost, Then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the librarian.
- Reader shall not write upon, damage, tear off the leaves or make any mark either in pencil or ink upon any book.
- Books will be issued on presentation of the college I card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- It shall be the duty of the Library Attendent on duty at the counter to examine each book returned by a member and to check if it is damage.